Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Dutch-Italian-Ukranian...and all those...Job



So there it was.
The coldest night of the year.
Not so much Bruce Cockburn's rendition,
but Winnipeg at its finest.

And the 3 cars lined themselves up.
First in the alley.
Weapons of TP and water in hand.
Then in front of Mac's.
Because really,
what else is there to do
on the coldest night of the year
than go for slurpees?
Especially in Manitoba.

So Bruce,
and Hugh and his island chain,
and all those fine cast members
who got to drive Austin Minis -
to you I say, "Amen."

"You need three at least."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey, hey, let's not be hasty, truth is I realised after I left a comment that I'd been stagnant a whole day longer, but I have been working on something - it just came up kind of flat - i'm workin on it ok?!

Amanda said...

One last thing. I laughed a lot over your post not b/c of your excellent wit but b/c the Italian job is where FINE originated from - it gets me every time.