Sunday, June 17, 2007

Worth a few tears...

I had the great honour of being invited to one of my kids' baptism today. I wasn't really sure what to expect as we all gathered in someone's backyard around the deck and swimming pool with coffee in hand and 7 people with trunks and towels at their sides.

The people getting baptised were asked to share a little bit.
There's something wonderful about hearing a 10 year old get up in front of a microphone and in front of his church members and the friends he had invited say, "This is how Jesus has made a difference in my life..."
And to do it confidently -
not ashamed at all of what he believes and Who he's living for.

I think I read something once about having the faith of a child.
Okay, so I've read it more than once.
I was blessed.
To tears.

God is faithful
and He is good.
And He continues to make Himself known.

2 comments:

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

How awesome.

Amanda said...

When you get back I expect a new post...
...
..
.
;)