We have been spending some time with my family for the last few days,
in anticipation of celebrating my parents' 50th wedding anniversary this weekend.
Tonight we celebrated with dinner as a family - made a few things on our own, picked a few things up, and enjoyed my brother's BBQ'ing skills at home.
It allowed us to just spend some more time together, looking at pictures, telling stories, laughing, and celebrating the gift of family and 50 years of marriage.
Some more celebrating with friends is yet to come.
It has been so very good to spend time with family instead of on my own at the hospital - feeling like I was pulling Ken away from our girls, but also needing him to be there with me.
I'm still not moving quickly, but it's more okay if there is time between pain pills.
I can't reach all of the things, but I can reach lots of them.
My girls inspect my staples each night - we're trying to make that as normal as possible.
They're pretty sure it's gross to have staples in your abdomen,
but also, it's pretty amazing that God made our bodies to heal the way they do.
It's coming along.
I baked today.
Not entirely on my own, but there were hands ready to help where needed and it just made me feel a little more like myself again.
We have a visit Monday with the surgeon to get the staples removed.
Hopefully, we'll also have a better idea of further referrals at that point.
Continued thanks for all the prayers and encouragement we are receiving.
We are humbled.
And so very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment