Friday, August 07, 2026

Keeping on, keeping on....

It's been a week (or more!) with little to share.

Today is supposed to be suture removal day, but we are going to leave them in for 5 extra days until I see the surgeon in Edmonton next week. 

The part of the incision that re-opened doesn't look beautiful, but most of it is healing. 
There are a few spots that an extra stitch might have been helpful, but I have been reassured by a valued medically - wise friend that it should heal up properly in time.
As a result, I'm still not doing a lot. 
Every twist or bend pulls a little and extends the healing time that much more. 

So, feeling pretty good.
But still limited in reaching and bending.
Which some days doesn't matter much, but other days, I realize that I still need support staff for a lot of regular things.
We're getting there and trying to be patient.

I am thankful for these slow, summer days, 
where having two drivers isn't a necessity;
where being out and about is nice, but not required;
where spending time at home with my family is very doable and time that I maybe wouldn't otherwise spend;
where friends can stop by and check-in;
and where God's faithfulness is in the steady, everyday moments of taking care of each other and having each other to take care of;
of doing the best with the opportunities we have;
in the continued provision of all that we need;
and in having the time required for rest and healing to take place.

Still going and getting there -
one day at a time.

3 comments:

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

Beautiful

Naomi said...

Praying for peace as you slow down so much… it’s hard to do!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear, Sara. But sorry the healing is not as smooth or speedy as hoped for. It's hard to be patient when you are usually an up-and-at-em person. Still thinking of and praying for you!