Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ah, rest...

I have the unfortunate experience of not having a voice.
Funny thing, not having a voice.
At first I thought it was unfortunate.
My friends laughed at me.
And told me how awful I sounded.
And I couldn't really communicate very well.
But, it has landed me a day at home as I can't teach without one.
And other than the voice, I feel pretty good.
And you don't really need to talk to anyone when you're at home alone.
Except telemarketers.
I had one ask me if I was okay today.
He thought I was on oxygen and perhaps dying.
Then he asked if I had the flu.
It was a good transition and he didn't spend 20 minutes trying to convince me to buy his product.
So that was good.
I can't sing, however, and that's a bit of a challenge.
But it means I have to listen.
So I did.
I listened to music.
And didn't sing.
And then I listened to 3 sermons from Brian.
Haven't done that in awhile, but it was good.
I think it would be fun to call my mom to chat, but alas, back to that not chatting thing.
And I could call the university to find out about parking for my summer course.
Only they wouldn't understand me on the other end.
Okay, so it's not all sunshine.
But I'm getting work done.
And that's a good thing.
Yay me.
Only 2 weekends left until all procrastination must be finished.
Yikes.

No comments: