Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh heh.

So I haven't shovelled in a good while. Actually not since my uncle visited in the first and second weeks of January. It has snowed a fair amount since then. In little dustings, mind you, but enough to make the steps slippery and uneven.

Last night it snowed a bunch more and as I went down the back steps I couldn't see if I was on a step or on the sidewalk. This new snow also covered the unevenness of the old snow.

And heh.

I totally twisted my ankle and slipped. I was covered in snow before I even got to the garage. Great start to the day, eh? But I protected my kids' work and my laptop. Yes, hold your breath. I am such a hero.

Then I played floor hockey at lunch, because at that time, my ankle seemed pretty much recovered.

It is now rather sore. I cannot cross my ankle under my other leg on the couch.
Maybe I'm just a princess.
But it hurts.

And what can I say? It's my own fault. I vow to shovel before Monday. I have a meeting at my house and I cannot have my guests twisting any ankles.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Were you limping when you left the school yesterday? I saw you briefly while watching Katie's game :) Have a good day!!!

sdouma said...

I wondered if I saw you...and then I told myself that was dumb because you are at Prov...

No...strange thing. It was fine by first recess. Then I played floor hockey at lunch and it was okay, too. But after I sat for awhile in the evening, slowly it got worse. I limped today instead. And I shovelled my back step when I got home. :)

tamara noelle said...

Ouch Sara! I hope it gets better soon. Thanks for your wonderful posts! They're awesome.

Anonymous said...

You Should Take it easy for the rest of the week

Daniel :)