Sunday, February 25, 2007

And God cries...

This afternoon after doing some reading
and taking some me and God time,
I went outside with some friends
and skated and played "hockey"
(as much as can be played with 4 people...)
but it was perfect weather.
And there was almost no one else on the rink.

And it got me away from me for awhile
which I needed it to do.

After having a head-on-butt encounter
(short girl bending knees while trying to get the puck
from tall guy standing straight, resulting in collision)
that left my neck a bit out of sorts,
I realized that time on the ice was winding down
and it was time to get back into my other world.
The real one.

It seems to me that lately brokenness in the world
has become bold and italicized.
It may be just in my own mind
and especially in my own heart
but I can't seem to shake it.
And maybe that's a good thing.
A humbling awareness of where I need to bring the light of the resurrection.
A humbling awareness of what it is that we are human and we fail.
And how great it is, then, that God loves us.

But it's a painful thing.
And I can't help but be aware that if it bothers me as much as it does
that it leaves me unable to sing How Great Thou Art -
not because He isn't great...
but that He is - He's that great...
That He sees much more hurt than I can even imagine.
And He doesn't just see it, but He experiences it.
Because He hurts when we hurt.
And He knows the way He wanted it to be.

On my drive to church tonight I couldn't help but pray,
"Maranatha, Christ come quickly."

"Behold, I am making all things new..."
Why do the renovations take more work, energy, and time than the original building project?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SaraVan, you are so incredibly insightful, and amidst the pain & frustration that you're going through - - still manage to write so eloquently. You're amazing. I just said a little prayer for you & yours... -LK

Matthew van Leeuwen said...

When I first read the title to this post I thought it might have been about the Ryan Smyth trade. What is it with the Oilers and always trading away their best players? That said, I should say that my Canucks are looking pretty solid for the playoffs. Too bad the Oilers won't be there...

sdouma said...

Matt - sigh.
I left you a response on Tamara's blog b/c I was there first...

Naomi said...

Girl. You tell us. Nice last sentence.