Tuesday, March 27, 2007

...and blessed.

So I shared in my last post that I am spoiled.
I would like to acknowledge this time how I am blessed.

A mom of some of the youth in our church decided that she likes me.
How nice!
For real, though, she wanted to do something for me.
It started out by offering me licorice.
I turned down the licorice not knowing when she asked
that she had bought some to share with me
to say thanks for working with her kids.

Two weeks later at youth group,
she asked if I wanted a piano.
Whaahhaa?
From licorice to a piano?
Yes, indeed.
As part of receiving a newer piano and being asked to "pay it forward"
she blessed me with her piano.

I have already spent many late nights playing all the old pieces I learned in elementary school.
And I'm thrilled to get it tuned
to play
and to learn more.
It's wonderfully relaxing.
And I sing on the inside while I play.

Here it is in my living room.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to have to even ask - did I know you could play the piano?! I don't think I've ever heard you play. but that doesn't matter now - -CONGRATS! what a really great gift!!! Looks very nice in your living room, as though you already had the perfect spot for it! I like the "Pay it Forward" campaign. :) Happy tickling! LK"skips"

Amanda said...

so, this wasn't the one that the Vanleeuwens had asked you to "babysit"? Hmmm...Well, excellent anyway! My mom told me about it last Friday. I'm itching to receive my ivories now... well, enjoy (though I see you already are) :)

sdouma said...

Skips - do you recognize the picture on the far left of the picture? :)

Anonymous said...

oooh, i do! "journey to enchantment", right?! You're such a great supporter of the arts. :) love ya! -LK

sdouma said...

Actually "Three Seasons", but both, I think, by the same great photographer... :)

Anonymous said...

Aww... yes I see it now. funny, she should know her own photos. HA

Matthew van Leeuwen said...

Hi Sara,
Good to hear you have a piano. This message is more to let you know that I am alive and well. Well, maybe not overly well. It is coming to the end of term and I have a massive paper due at the end of the week on Abraham Kuyper which I have barely begun and exams are next week and well, its just a lot of stuff to take care of. Anyways. I should get to it.
Matt.