Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oh, sadness...

Well, I promised someone that I would keep the world updated on my now incognito mode of transportation. Sadly, and I do mean sadly, my good friend "Blue Lightning" (as she was named by one of my students - May I note that at the time I did NOT know that the cheerleaders for the Blue Bombers are also called Blue Lightning) was towed away last week. She served me well. And I took a picture of her from my front porch before I left for school on Tuesday.

However, my new car - yet to be named - is serving me very well. I was delighted to have my wonderful father come to visit and assist in the purchasing process. I am spoiled. I turned the odometer over 200 clicks today. It's pure craziness. And I used the trunk for groceries for the first time, too. It's small stuff, I know.
But fun. Here is my new friend and companion. Perhaps it will have to be a he this time around. It may be my lifelong companion. (I have no spoiler on mine...didn't want to spoil 'er...okay, maybe it's still a she...)

4 comments:

sdouma said...

I surprised myself...actually I am still coming to terms with it. I feel like it is way more than I need and I can't say how old it is at a normal volume. I mutter it under my breath. I know it's wise and will last a long time and is wonderful on gas, etc...and I love it...and it's exciting, but it's going to take time for it to be "me".

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara! If I Was Looking For A Car I Would Buy It Of You! I Hope YOu Injoy Your New Car.

Mike and Laura said...

congratulations on the new car and new piano. Michael is jealous because we almost wish our corolla would die so we would have an excuse to move up to a newer, more comfortable version. We are pushing 300,000km. What did you get on yours? We love to read your blog Sara, you put in all into perspective. We love you.

sdouma said...

Hey you...300K km...Wow! That's awesome. That's what I'm aiming for with this one. :) My old Corolla made it only to 165,000. The engine would have gone and gone and gone, but the body was falling apart. Pieces were not attached any more because the bolts rusted right through. It also had a few other strange issues that ended up making it not reliable. And then the transmission started to clunk and grind...oh heh! I am loving the smell of the new car as well as the CD player. Not to mention, of course, that it is wonderfully reliable!